CASE STUDY: BACARDI
The Bacardi Women In Leadership Initiative was founded with the mission of unleashing the potential of current and future female leaders at Bacardi to drive sustainable top and bottom line business growth. The initiative is embedded into Bacardi’s business strategy and instills a sense of ownership and accountability in business leaders to set the right example and drive engagement throughout the organization.
Born out of Bacardi’s Women In Leadership (WIL) initiative, S.H.E. Summit Bacardi has celebrated, convened, and cultivated women and men leaders from Bacardi, partner corporations, and firms based in South Florida for three years in a row. SHE Summit Bacardi expanded to Dallas this year and will be in London in 2019. In every city we not only learn how to continue improving professionally and personally, but we also celebrate the diversity that makes us all unique.
- 3nd Annual S.H.E. Summit Bacardi took place Sept. 28, 2017 at the Hilton Miami Downtown
- Connected, educated, and activated 500+ women and men through summit programming
- WIL leaders from Bacardi’s other global regions also attended and held a gender equality and diversity inclusion workshop the day prior to the summit
- Invited male senior leaders, including North America president, to participate as speakers and panelists
- Bacardi-sponsored bar during post-summit cocktail hour doubled as a consumer test for new signature drinks
- Corporate partners and sponsors included Southern Glazers Wine and Spirits, Marsh & McLennan Companies, PWC, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Hogan Lovells, and more.
08:00 am Registration
09:00 am Welcome Statements from Paula Glickenhaus and Claudia Chan
09:20 am Keynote
09:45 am Ascending to Leadership- Internal and External Barriers
10:45am Financial Empowerment